10/01/2007

Compositon Project


I am taking an online composition class and one of our assignmets was to write a story in a certain time period, we had 45 minutes, with a prompt that the teacher gave us. Our prompt was: You're sleeping and you wake up because of a loud noise, you go to your window and see a UFO. Write what happens next. Here's what i wrote....


I crept slowly upstairs, wincing after every little sound I heard,
“I need to stop watching those Sci-Fi movies," I thought to myself,
“They creep me out too much.” As I came to my door I hesitated
turning the doorknob, for fear of not knowing what was behind it.
The door creaked as I carefully opened it and peered inside. It
seemed clear enough, but I wasn’t going to take any chances. I
sprinted toward my bed, and hurriedly wrapped myself in my large
warm quilt, not even taking the time to change into my pajamas. I
soon fell into a worried dream-filled sleep.
Deep into the night I was startled awake by a strange noise. I
squinted through the peephole I had created for myself through the
blanket, and saw a strange green light coming through my window. I
rose out of my bed and crept toward the window, carefully keeping
my quilt wrapped tightly around me. As I came to the window the
light rapidly started changing colors. “Am I seeing what I think I’m
seeing?” I thought as I gazed at a silver object, with a saucer like
shape, descending toward me.
Suddenly a fantastically bright light blinded me. My window flew
open and a strong gust of wind knocked me over. As I looked into
the light I could see a form coming towards me. By the shadow I
could tell that is was no human form; it seemed to have at least three
heads. It came closer to me and by now I could see it’s skin, it’s blue,
scaly, slimy, skin. I was terrified, and yet a little excited to be seeing
an actual alien. Now it was hovering over me, I hid myself
underneath my quilt, expecting any second to be abducted or blown
into pieces. When I had waited there for a few minutes and nothing
had happened I gazed out my blanket. I was lying in my bed, I
rushed toward my window, and all I could see was the street below.
“It must have just been a dream, or was it? I suppose I will never
know”, I mused, as I headed back to my bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you don't like to write, and you don't think you're a very good writer, but I liked your story!

;)

Anonymous said...

Very suspenseful story! I really like your new blog template..where did you get it and how do you change templates? I tried to change mine and only ended up messing it up. :(